Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Just unwinding

Thinking about what the first post should be made me think about the concept of starting.  There's a thought.  Starting your first quilt...starting a new project...starting to design...just starting.  So here is a start to my blog.  How many of you still have the first quilt that started you on the road of becoming a quilting aficionado?  I only have a picture.  Here it is!


I wish I had kept it.   The book Quilts! Quilts!! Quilts!!! by Diana McClun and Laura Nownes was my "teacher".  It was constructed from left over dress fabrics, tied and not exactly square.  That was in 1993.

After a few more "starts" and some encouragement from family and friends I started to show some progress.

Now some 18 years later I think I have the hang of this quilting thing.  Here is one of my more recent "starts" that I finished.

Well this post is a start.  Till the next time...

1 comment:

What Comes Next? said...

Starts are good! Your first quilt looks good, but your later one is wonderful! We do progress, don't we?
Still have the first quilt or a picture of it? nope, not me. The first quilt I made was in 1983, made for a friend's wedding. It was one very large HST star - about 48" square. If I recall, I did hand quilt it, but minimally, and I have no idea if it is still around or not.