Monday, April 18, 2011

Been a while but...

I was away over the weekend at a quilting retreat hosted by my quilt guild getting some additional inspiration.  Sewing machines were going from early in the morning to late into the night.  Doesn't that happen at most quilting retreats?  As always, I had packed enough UFOs and WIPs to keep me busy for at least a week.  Of the ones that I was able to work on, I finished a quilt that is going to Japan.  Just need to finish the binding.


Finished the binding on another donation quilt,


quickly put together a child's quilt that I made from a pattern called "BQ" from Maple Island Quilts even though I changed the setting slightly.


tested some fancy stitches that I'm going to use on another project (here is a glimpse)






and for the first time did some free motion machine quilting. 

   

I definitely need practice there, so I have joined a FMQ Challenge.  You can check that out here

Now it's off to get the binding on this one done and work on the "games" challenge for the fiber arts group that I recently joined.  More on this later.  In the meantime you can check out the group at Tangled Textiles or just click on the tag on the right.

5 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

It must be wonderful to spend a whole weekend at a quilting retreat. You finished a lot of lovely quilts!

What Comes Next? said...

it was a very productive weekend, wasn't it? Your quilting is great and will keep getting better, just have to PPP!

Anonymous said...

Looks GREAT........your stitching will get better each time with practice, but looks good first time out....your projects look so neat, congrats.....we did have a great time at retreat.

PatchworkPottery said...

The blue border looks wonderful on your donation quilt for Japan! I may just keep up with the FMQ challenge in secret because I really need practice too but am certain that I can not post every day!

Vicki Miller said...

I really like the quilts you put together. they are so vivid and I like the offset blocks in the baby quilt very much