Monday, May 2, 2011

I digress

On my way to our Guild's retreat I came across this odd contraption driving down the side of the road.  Here is a clue of what I saw...

 
 Can't figure it out?  Here is another clue... 
Nope it's not a locomotive.  Here are the last pictures that I took before it trundled down the street and I headed off to the retreat.


But I digress.  I really need to get back to the sewing.  I have a challenge to complete for the Tangled Textiles group that I belong to; theme is "Games".  I got that narrowed down, but still trying to figure out how to portray my vision.  Think I'll take a look in the book Art + Quilt Design Principles and Creative Exercises by Lyric Kinard to see if there are any suggestions in there.

I also need to get caught up on my FMQ Challenge.  I have not made as much headway as I had hoped.  I still need to post about that and will do so in a day or two.  Need to get the pictures taken, but still trying to figure out the settings on this fool camera.  Where does the time go? 

Quote for the day:  "Do or do not, there is no try!"  --Yoda

Happy creating everyone!

2 comments:

dutchcomfort said...

I love steam machines! Thanks for the link to Lyric Kinard. Her book sounds wonderful! Can you recommend it?

JB said...

What a cool old engine!! I really like the photo with the raised lettering which describes the machine.