Monday, October 17, 2011

The next round

Well, here is the next block that I need to work on for our Guild's Round Robin.
This block was made by Louise M. and I need to add a 3 inch finished boarder to it comprised of squares.  Any suggestions?

I also am making some more log cabin blocks that I started.  The blocks are a little unusual in that the logs are all bias strips.  Fortunately, they are paper pieced, so I am getting a good result.  It gives a bit of a wave to the block.  Here is what one of the blocks looks like.
The pins are still in it until I sew it to the other blocks and remove the paper backing.  This particular method of paper piecing was a snap.  Instead of piecing the fabric to the back of the printed pattern, you piece to the front.  Kinda hard to explain, until you see it done.

I know I got side tracked, but I'm still having difficulty with my "tools" challenge piece for my fibre art group, so I am letting it sit for a moment....Oh....yes....that's what I'll try....a bit of thread sketching should do the trick....gotta run while the thought is still fresh.

1 comment:

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

a great log cabin block, never saw something like this before.
Liebe Grüße
Bente - Germany