Wednesday, November 6, 2013

How time flies...

when you are having fun.  Isn't that how the expression goes?  Working through my colour study course, I hadn't realized how much time had past since I last posted.  Despite being totally immersed in colour, I've had a wonderful time.  I now view colour in an entirely different light.  You saw exercises I did regarding value in a previous post and monoprinting.  Along with those we explored tints, tones, shades and various colour schemes.  Here are a couple of colour scheme examples from my sketchbook.
 
We experimented with colour proportion by examining pictures of nature and the world around us.   All in all it was a wonderful course, and all from the comfort of my home.  You can check out the various course offerings at the Gail Harker Center for Creative Arts, here.
 
I also had the opportunity to explore my new community and discovered a thriving quilt guild here.  Their website is here.  I joined this friendly group, was given a "new member" button, instructions to help me make the Guild's standard name tag and an invitation to get together with a member of long standing that would act as a "buddy".  Nice to meet you Nancy!  I managed to complete my name tag in time for the meeting tomorrow.  Here is what it looks like.
 
Oh and let's not forget that along with six others I have also been studying with Catherine Nicols, where we have been learning various different techniques to add to our artistic toolbox.  We've covered such things as the elements of designpointillism, and paper & stitch to enhance our work, and there is still more to come.  In the meantime, I'll leave you with a picture of one of the samples I created from Catherine's class.

 
Like I mentioned, time flies when you are having fun.  Till the next time, stitch creatively.

3 comments:

Peggy said...

How nice that you're settling into your new community, and have found all those new friends! Beautiful art work!

Lisa said...

I lov your color sketchbook pages! And your beautiful flower! Sounds like you have found a nice quilt community

Vicki Miller said...

Wow, you are a very busy girl! all these courses and quilt guild as well. sounds like you are settling in. I discovered an artist recently who has been doing pointillist paintings http://www.nicsearth.com/ I thought you might like it