Saturday, September 20, 2014

An early Spring

How often have you been looking in your fabric stash, or searched your studio looking for a specific item only to come across something that just had to be taken off the shelf and completed?  I know you've done, and so have I, many times.

This time while searching for some "mug covers" fabric (that's another post), I came across a little box kit from "Whole Country Caboodle" that had been given to me as a gift.  I mean, this had been sitting in my stash for so long that I'm surprised it didn't sprout roots.  Isn't it the cutest thing?  It's a little wall hanging that will work perfectly for the front door.  A little bit of fusing, a little bit of decorative stitching, and it only took an afternoon to complete.
The word "Spring" is actually done in white batting, something I have not done previously.  You can't see it in the picture, but it gives the word a bit of dimension.  I managed to get the blanket stitch working in the correct direction this time.

I know, I know, we're coming into autumn here, but rather than thinking of this as "being behind the times", I like to think of this as "being ahead of the game"...ready for Spring 2015.

Till the next time, may you avoid any "frog stitching"...you know..."rip it, rip it".

2 comments:

JB said...

What a fun little hanging. That should brighten the day of all who visit you. Too late to avoid "frog stitching". ;-)

Vicki Miller said...

Ah well, it's spring here.... well some days it is. I think mother nature is only practicing as yet. What a great find. Small projects are so great as a little change