Saturday, November 19, 2016

Some scraps and glue

I've been trying to finish up a piece that uses the technique of Sue Carlson.  You know, the one where she uses all types of fabrics and composes pictures of imaginary creatures.

It's basically a type of collage, except using fabric rather than paper.  Glue still comes in handy though.  Here is a close up of what I mean.

I'm once again working with complimentary colours and using a simple shape.  I would like to get this finished by the end of December so that I can use it as a sample piece when I describe the technique to my local fibre art group (QuArtz).

This is how far I have managed to get but there is still a way to go.


Till the next time, let the creative muse settle on your shoulder and whisper in your ear.

2 comments:

Marie said...

Ooooooh...looks like it's going to be interesting. Great colours!

What Comes Next? said...

This looks pretty interesting! Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.