Monday, January 29, 2018

Hand Piecing Anyone?

We have all become so accustomed to our sewing machines with the various "bells and whistles", me included.  It isn't until you are not able to get to it that you begin to come up with ways to continue stitching without relying on your, Pfaff, Bernina, Janome, Juki, Elna and what have you.

I recently suffered a fall that resulted in a broken fibula.  Off my feet for at least two weeks with an air cast; can't put any weight on it; gotta continue in the same cast for an additional 6 weeks after that.  Great! and I had so many plans for finishing all those WIPs sitting under the sewing table.

While sitting on my couch I spied a bin with colourful Kaffe Fassett fabrics, a pattern book by Jen Kingwell titled Circle Game.  Ah Ha!!!  This was supposed to be one of my bucket list items; completely hand piecing a quilt top.  Look at this; I even started cutting some of the templates.  So I started the first one.
I'm doing the circle portion of all the blocks first.  Once all 16 are done, I'll do the surrounds and then the borders.  Say this hand piecing isn't so bad, and I can still get some stitching enjoyment.  Oh look here is the second one.
May as well keep going.  Block 3 looks like the same construction more or less.  What do you think of the colours on this one?
Okay this next one is a bit more fussy.  Hmmmmm....done!!
Oh not quite.  Still need to add an applique circle for the centre.  I'll get that tomorrow.  This next one has got some inset seams which should be relatively easy.  Done!!!
Well that was a productive two days.  Tomorrow is another day.  Thank you for stopping by and having a peek.  Let me know your thoughts or if you have completed this pattern.

1 comment:

mckittycat said...

That is going to be awesome! You managing okay?